US Sales Manager-Metrology 7.23 A
Rudzinsky Associate’s client is a well-established, European, fast growing, but stable technology driven Optical/Photonics firm with a strong US footprint. They are technology and market leaders in several product sectors: optical test/metrology as well as laser material processing tools, both of which are used in a variety of industries. Their products are sold to OEMs and technology companies as an enabling add-on technology to their own processing equipment.
Our client is seeking a self-motivated, confident, established technologist who understands industrial metrology and its diverse applications (eg. Semiconductor, Consumer electronics industry, automotive, glass, etc) . The ideal candidate must have a proven track record in a leadership role while retaining a strong customer facing component. This person must have great communication skills, be sufficiently technical to solve challenging applications problems with customers, but who can both hunt for and cultivate new and existing customers to further the growth and development of our client’s organization. The position will be based out of our client’s Santa Clara office and manage a small team of Metrology Sales and Application Managers located at various locations in US. The ideal candidate needs to be technically highly competent and passionate as well as possess a solid metrology industry network.
The primary mandate for this position is to grow and support our client’s Optical Metrology Product line in the US through new business development, guiding and mentoring the sales team, and ensuring ongoing customer satisfaction. This position will be the US champion for our client’s metrology product line, and will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategic vision to position this product line for double digit growth over the next several years. This position will also be the primary Key Account Manager for a high value, high profile Bay Area customer with global locations/strategic partners.
- Enhances and further develops existing customer relationships, ensuring high customer satisfaction while also identifying new opportunities within existing accounts
- Identifies and establishes new customers through an understanding of optical measurement technology applications as well as strong technical skills/knowledge, industry awareness and experience.
- Utilizes corporate resources as needed to ensure customer expectations and commitments are fulfilled
- Based out of Bay Area office and supervises Sales and Applications Managers
- Oversees product demonstrations at Bay Area office, at trade shows or at customer sites.
- Assists in marketing efforts (e.g. trade shows, newsletters and technical articles or white papers for print media and online use).
- Keeps upper management informed by submitting sales / customer activity and results reports, such as call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses as appropriate.
- Monitors competition, competitive landscape by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, competitive product capabilities, new technology developments, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Finds customized solutions with customers or recommends new products, service, and policy by evaluating customer results and competitive developments.
- Assists in resolving customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management and teaming with Applications Engineering.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time, primarily within the US region, with occasional international trips, as well as to trade shows/conferences in the US.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- A BS or higher degree in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. physics, electrical / mechanical engineering) and relevant technical experience.
- 10+ years of technical sales, sales support, key account management, Product Management, Strategic Marketing, or applications engineering support in optical instrumentation, metrology, test/measurement, lasers and photonics.
- Experience maintaining and growing sales of sophisticated technical products.
- Experience selling to OEMs and technology companies large and small
"*" indicates required fields
Laser Production Engineer 2.24A
Laser Production Engineer$60-$75k, NY State About Rudzinsky Associate’s (RA’s) client RA’s ...Learn More
Optical Design Engineer AO/EO 9.23A
Optical Design / Test Engineer / N. Calif / 150k+ pkg RA’s client is a world leader in the design and m ...Learn More
Lead EO/AO R&D Engineer/Proj Ldr 9.23A
Lead EO/AO R&D Engineer / Project Ldr N CA, to 180k+ pkg OUR CLIENT: RA’s client is a world leade ...Learn More