US Director of Sales and Service 5.23 A
Director of Sales & Service
Hybrid position in Denver area, $170K-$190k total package
About our Client:
RA’s client is a leading multinational high-tech photonics company that develops, manufactures and sells laser systems for precision applications in research & industry. RA’s client is a market leader in the field of optical precision measurements with light and lasers, based on Nobel Prize-winning frequency comb technology. Other stars in their product portfolio include ultrastable lasers, Terahertz spectroscopy systems, and femtosecond lasers.
Quantum technology and the application of systems in Quantum 2.0 is essential to our client. Their technology is uniquely positioned to address applications in the Quantum World, such as quantum computing, optical clocks, or earthbound and space borne metrology. Their optical frequency combs combined with their ultrastable laser products enable complete systems that are essential instruments when purest optical signals are required. Their products can be found in numerous leading research institutions. Active partnerships and open communication channels with the world’s premier scientists guarantee that our client will push the boundaries of future products to the limits, and that they will continue operating at the frontier of technological and scientific advancement.
The company is headquartered in Europe, with multiple remote locations for sales and service across North America. This Director level position will lead a small but growing US team and will have a significant and measurable impact on revenue, market penetration and serviceability of our client’s technology.
The US Director of Sales & Service will be an active, customer facing leader of a small but mighty team consisting of a Sales Manager and field sales & field service engineers located in the Denver area and beyond. This Sales leader will develop and execute a sales and service strategy that optimizes new opportunities and growth across multiple products and markets. Customers will include leading research institutions, national labs, academia, and R&D applications within industry. This influential leader will enjoy a hybrid work arrangement that combines several days per week in our client’s Denver area office with flexibility to work from home as needed. Reports to GM of our client’s US operation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and grow the team consisting of Sales Manager (direct report) & Sales Engineers (2 indirect reports) & Service Engineers (2 direct reports) in an enabling and cooperative leadership manner.
- Energize and motivate the team while developing new and innovative sales & service strategies focused on revenue growth and increase of service depth & breadth in the US
- Conduct market analysis to identify new markets, new customer needs and blue ocean opportunities.
- Develop and execute US specific sales & service strategies and increase technical capabilities in US laboratory in close collaboration with German Headquarters.
- Own all Key Systems (e.g. Salesforce CRM & various modern cloud based tools and systems) and improve structure, data analytics, reports, forecasts, and sales & service dashboards.
- Optimize Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all sales & service-related activities within the US.
- Network with leading scientists & decision makers in the Photonics industry to build executive level relationships and to strengthen company reputation and relationships.
- Significantly impact our client’s US revenue & profit in the next 3 years and increase market share in the growing photonic market.
- Travel averages 30%, across the US, but will also include some international travel
In addition to the essential functions and duties listed above, all positions are required to comply with the following:
Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
Employees are responsible for adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position. Physical Activities: Frequent business trips within the US are an essential part of the job. No physical demands required to perform duties beyond the travel.
- 8+ years of experience in building & managing high performing cross-functional teams.
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Sales, Sales Management, Business Development.
- 3+ years of experience in Technical Service, Field Service, Service Operations, Service Engineering
- Degree in Engineering, Physics or Photonics (Masters or PhD); MBA not a must, but advantageous.
- Profound expertise and knowledge of Photonics, Lasers & Quantum Technologies, and their respective markets.
- Prior hands-on experience with fiber optics, vacuum systems, laser locking & stabilization or Optical Frequency Combs highly advantageous.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with management and engineering.
- Critical Thinker with affinity for problem solving & change management.
- Data-driven and analytical mind that translates numbers into actionable strategies.
- Ability to wear many hats and to prioritize and orchestrate, efficient, and dedicated working pathways in a dynamic and entrepreneurial business environment.
- Strong Business Acumen & Financial Literacy
- Business-fluent in English.
Our Client Offers:
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a growing market
- A highly motivated team, with creative freedom
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home some of the time
- Individual and practice-oriented training virtually and at European headquarters
- Opportunities for professional development
"*" indicates required fields
Laser Production Engineer 2.24A
Laser Production Engineer$60-$75k, NY State About Rudzinsky Associate’s (RA’s) client RA’s ...Learn More
Optical Design Engineer AO/EO 9.23A
Optical Design / Test Engineer / N. Calif / 150k+ pkg RA’s client is a world leader in the design and m ...Learn More
Lead EO/AO R&D Engineer/Proj Ldr 9.23A
Lead EO/AO R&D Engineer / Project Ldr N CA, to 180k+ pkg OUR CLIENT: RA’s client is a world leade ...Learn More