Lead EO/AO R&D Engineer/Proj Ldr 9.23A
Lead EO/AO R&D Engineer / Project Ldr
N CA, to 180k+ pkg
OUR CLIENT: RA’s client is a world leader in the design and manufacture of customized photonics components and modules for industrial, defense, industrial and medical OEMs. At their Northern CA Facility, they create, test and refine both standard and custom AO (Acousto-Optic) and EO (Electro-Optic) Products through the development cycle to release-to-Manufacturing.
Our client is looking for a Lead Engineer to drive their R&D projects in their Northern CA and Midwest facilities, specializing in Acousto-Optics (AO) and Electro-Optics (EO) for Aerospace, Defense, Industrial and Life Sciences.
Reporting to the VP Engineering, you will lead our world-leading photonics R&D development projects that focus on next-generation AO deflectors, modulators and Pockels Cells for a diverse range of applications including semiconductor laser manufacturing, sensing in Aerospace & Defense as well as therapeutic and aesthetic laser systems and other biomedical applications. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of our business by working with pioneering companies in the US, Europe and Asia Pacific in order to fuel divison’s growth and turn new ideas into innovative product lines.
As part of the AO/EO engineering group, you will drive and execute on product development projects, set technical milestones and create new joint R&D opportunities with current and new customers. You will work closely with other parts of the business, including business development, sales and operations in order to align R&D activities, secure contracts and drive new products into manufacturing. You will work within a multidisciplinary team including electronic, optical and mechanical engineers to develop cutting-edge new products that will deliver profitable revenue growth.
- Technically drive AO and EO and corresponding RF driver product design and development.
- Manage products from design, to prototyping up to environmental qualification following internal or customer-driven NPD
- Create, manage and implement strategic New Product Development (NPD) roadmaps, in collaboration with other functions of the business.
- Define, lead and own delivery of internal or customer-focused new product development projects.
- Contribute in strengthening our client’s Intellectual Property through patents or process trade secrets
- Expand team skill-set and create new technical capabilities within the business
- Drive synergies and vertical integration with other client locations
- Work with Business Development and Engineering teams to support tender activities and generate solutions for customers
- Deliver technical reviews and produce reports resulting from technical activities, executing technical projects on time and under budget.
- Travel expected to be <10% of the time.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of industrial experience in the photonics industry
- Degree in Engineering or Physics, graduate degree a plus
- Technical knowledge in optics and photonics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- MEng/MSc or PhD in a relevant field
- Background in crystal optics, material science or non-linear optics (nlo)
- Hands-on laboratory experience in developing and testing photonic devices
- Previously led development teams
"*" indicates required fields
Laser Production Engineer 2.24A
Laser Production Engineer$60-$75k, NY State About Rudzinsky Associate’s (RA’s) client RA’s ...Learn More
Optical Design Engineer AO/EO 9.23A
Optical Design / Test Engineer / N. Calif / 150k+ pkg RA’s client is a world leader in the design and m ...Learn More
Inside Sales Engineer 1.23 A
Inside Sales Engineer – Industrial Cameras and Imaging Systems $110-$130k package, Florida location ...Learn More