VP Engineering, Photonics / Sensing 8.23A
VP of Engineering, Photonics/Sensing
Boston or Rochester, NY area
160-200k+ significant early-stage equity
RA Engaged Search 9.23
Join Rudzinsky Associates’ client, a dynamic startup revolutionizing the food, dairy, agriculture industries with mobile optical sensing solutions. As the VP of Engineering, you will have a crucial role in commercializing innovative products for animal output analysis and beyond. Our client’s product line includes hardware, cloud-based software, a mobile app, and machine learning algorithms that enable predictive insights on animal health and food safety. You will be a strategic partner to the CEO and other principal stakeholders, providing technical expertise and leadership in product development and execution. Our client is looking not only for an innovative leader, but someone that still enjoys doing engineering, and the technology required by an early-stage entrepreneurial organization, where everyone wears multiple hats.
– Collaborate with the Executive Team to establish a dynamic product roadmap, driving product strategy through competitive analysis, technology direction validation, and comprehensive product specifications.
– Spearhead the development of detailed product plans, integrating optical engineering expertise with labor, material, and equipment cost considerations.
– Lead and manage multidisciplinary engineering teams in the development of complex, technical products involving optics, mechanics, and electronic hardware and software.
– Foster a synergistic relationship with the data science team to decipher optical spectroscopic signals in complex scattering systems.
– Optimize equipment and resources, fulfilling procurement needs and building a resilient supply chain from prototype to production stages.
– Set the benchmark for quality by developing rigorous engineering verification protocols, and with the support of a QA consultant, establish and ensure adherence to the Quality Management System.
– Contribute to fundraising and grant activities, demonstrating the value and potential of engineering projects.
– Recruit, mentor, and lead a versatile team of engineers, fostering an environment of innovation and mutual growth.
– Demonstrated knowledge in optical engineering, including optical design, the principles of optics (geometrical, physical, and quantum), optical materials, and the use of optical testing methods and equipment such as interferometers, spectrometers, and photodetectors.
– Comprehensive expertise in the design, development, and integration of optoelectronic systems and components, such as LEDs, spectrometers, and sensors.
– Extensive experience with a variety of spectroscopic techniques, such as Raman, IR, UV, etc.
– Proven track record in developing and implementing analytical strategies for optical signal analysis, preferably within scattering systems and fluorescence.
– Comprehensive experience in system design and integration, including optical systems into larger electronic and mechanical systems. Proficiency in CAD for design and understanding of manufacturing processes for such systems are essential.
"*" indicates required fields
Laser Production Engineer 2.24A
Laser Production Engineer$60-$75k, NY State About Rudzinsky Associate’s (RA’s) client RA’s ...Learn More
Optical Design Engineer AO/EO 9.23A
Optical Design / Test Engineer / N. Calif / 150k+ pkg RA’s client is a world leader in the design and m ...Learn More
Lead EO/AO R&D Engineer/Proj Ldr 9.23A
Lead EO/AO R&D Engineer / Project Ldr N CA, to 180k+ pkg OUR CLIENT: RA’s client is a world leade ...Learn More